Digital Library Resources
- Annotated Bibliography of Digital Library Resources is an in-depth annotated bibliography on digital library resources.
- Berkeley Digital Library Sunsite builds digital collections and services while providing information and support to digital library developers worldwide. It covers information on all aspects of digital library.
- Center for Digital Library Research at the University of Strathclyde brings
together long-standing research interests in the digital information area. It has undertaken and undertaking verious digital library projects, details of which is available on the site.
- Center for the study of Digital Libraries The Center provides expertise and experience to help transfer collections of all types -- from books and journals to biological specimens and museum pieces -- into useful digital libraries.
- DELOS Network of Excellence on Digital Libraries intends to conduct a joint program of activities aimed at integrating and coordinating the ongoing research activities of the major European teams working in Digital Library - related areas with the goal of developing the next generation Digital Library technologies.
- Digicult is an IST Support Measure to establish
a regular technology watch for cultural and scientific heritage over the period of 30 months.
- Digital Curation Centre aims to provide a national focus for research into curation issues and to promote expertise and good practice, both national and international, for the management of all research outputs in digital format.
- Digital Imaging Tutorial offers base level information on the use of digital imaging to convert and make accessible cultural heritage material.
- Digital Library Competence Center aims provide specific
user communities with access to advanced digital library technologies, services, expertise and knowledge which will allow them to take-up these technologies and services. Offers different courses related to digital library.
- Digital Library Construction tools provides manuals on how to develop a digital library and digital content.
- Digital Library Fedeartion offers information about developing digital collections and managing networked information for the benefit of scholarship, education, and cultural progress.
- Digital Library: How to Establish? This document provides both librarians and IT professionals an overview of the key functions and requirements needed for setting a digital library.
- Digital Preservation and Management: Implementing short-term strategies for long-term problems is tutorial on digital preservation and management.
- Digital Preservation it's a Library of Congress website, which provides information on digital preservation of electronic documents.
- Digital Repositories infokit is a practical 'how to' guide to setting up and running digital repositories. The kit contains information on a broad range of topics running from the initial idea of a digital repository and the planning process, via detailed sections on repository set up and promotion, through to the maintenance and ongoing management of the repository.
- D-Lib's Digital Library Research lists major cooperative projects, funding and coordinating agencies, and associated activities in digitallibrary research.
- Dublin Core Metadata Editor service will retrieve a Web page and automatically generate Dublin Core metadata, either as HTML <meta> tags or as RDF/XML, suitable for embedding in the <head>...</head> section of the page.
- Greenstone Support Network for South Asia support effort is coordinated by the CDDL at IIM Kozhikode in collaboration with the Greenstone development team in order to ensure effective promotion and support for Greenstone in South Asia.
- IFLA's Digital Library Resources and Projects provides extensive links to different digital library resources and projects carried out at different countries.
- The International Research on Permanent Authentic Records in Electronic Systems (InterPARES) aims at developing the theoretical and methodological knowledge essential to the long-term preservation of authentic records created and/or maintained in digital form.
- Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard [METS] schema is a standard for encoding descriptive, administrative, and structural metadata regarding objects within a digital library, expressed using the XML schema language of the World Wide Web Consortium. The standard is maintained in the Network Development and MARC Standards Office of the Library of Congress, and is being developed as an initiative of the Digital Library Federation.
- Metadata Initiative [Dublin Core]
- Northeast Document Conservation Center [NEDCC] is a nonprofit, regional conservation center in the United States. Its mission is to improve the preservation programs of libraries, archives, museums, and other historical and cultural organizations; to provide the highest quality services to institutions that cannot afford in-house conservation facilities or that require specialized expertise.
- Ockham Initiative seeks to promote the development of digital libraries via collaboration between librarians and digital library researchers. By promoting simple, open approaches and standards for digital library tools, services, and content, the gap between digital library development and the adoption of digital library systems by the traditional library community will be bridged.
- Open Archives Initiative develops and promotes interoperability standards that aim to facilitate the efficient dissemination of content. The Open Archives Initiative has its roots in an effort to enhance access to e-print archives as a means of increasing the availability of scholarly communication.
- Preservation of Digital Libraries Handbook
provides an internationally authoritative and practical guide to the subject of managing digital resources over time and the issues in sustaining access to them.
- Semantic Interoperability of Metadata and Information in unLike Environments [SIMILE]
reports seeks to enhance inter-operability among digital assets, schemata/vocabularies/ontologies, metadata, and services.
- A Survey of Digital Library Aggregation Services provides an overview of a diverse set of more than thirty digital library aggregation services, organizes them into functional clusters and then
evaluates them more fully from the perspective of an informed user. Most of the services under review rely wholly or partially on the Protocol for Metadata Harvesting of the Open Archives Initiative (OAI-PMH), although some of them predate its inception and a few use predominantly Z39.50 protocols.
- Text Encoding Initiative [TEI] is an international and interdisciplinary standard that
helps libraries, museums, publishers, and individual scholars represent all kinds of literary and linguistic texts for online research and teaching, using an encoding scheme that is maximally expressive and minimally obsolescent.