Following are some of the open access and free journals archive and journal titles, which are made available for use to enhance research and development.
- African Journals Online provides free online access to most of the journals published from Africa. Full text of articles will be sent to only those members, who are from non profit making organizations working in selected developing countries, including India.
- Bioline International is a not-for-profit electronic publishing service committed to providing open access to quality research journals published in developing countries including India. As of today it is giving free full text online access to 28 journals.
- BioMed Central provides free access to peer-reviewed research articles and subscription-based access to reviews, commentaries and other information services in all the areas of biology and medicine.
- Directory of Open Access journals
- Education: Electronic journals covers scholarly, peer-reviewed, full text and accessible without cost e-jls in the field of Education.
- Electronic Journals Library
provides comprehensive list of e-journals accessible with cost and without cost in all fields.
- Freemedicaljournals.com lists all such medical journals, which provide
online full text access to articles at no extra cost.
- Health Journals: Free for Developing Economies provides list of journals offer free online access to developing economies, based on either programs such as HINARI, or on a HighWire-based
program offering access to countries appearing in the World Bank's list of "low income economies," plus Djibouti. No need to sign up, the site automatically recognises from which country you are accessing.
- Highwire Press as they claim it is one among the second largest Science archives of full text articles on earth. Here it lists out titles of journals published by different publishers in science, many of them can be accessed online without any extra cost, if the libraries have print subscriptions.
- Internet Library of Early Journals is a digital library providing access to 18th and 19th century journals.
- NASA Astrophysics Data System here online access to full text of articles from selected journals in astronomy and related areas can be made without any extra cost irrespetive of libraries subscriptions.
- NewJour is an archive of new journals and newsletters available on the Internet.
- Open J-Gate is a directory of open access journals avilable on the Internet.
- PubMed Central is a digital archive of life sciences journal
literature, which can be dowloaded free of cost.
- Bombay Hospital Journal online access to full text of articles is available
from 1996. The articles are available for download free of charge.
- Indian Journal of Community Medicine free online access to full text of articles is available from 2000.
- Indian Journal of Pharmocology free online access to full text of articles
is available with effect from Volume 1, 1969.
- Indian Paediatrics provides online access to full text of articles from 2000. Also gives access to abstract of articles for 1998 and 1999. Articles are available for download free of cost.
- Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal online access to full text of papers is available with effect from October-December, 2001.
- Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging provides access to full text of articles with
effect from 1999.
- Journal of Postgraduate Medicine provides online access to full text of articles
- Journal of the Academy of Hospital Administration online access to full text of articles is available from July 1999.
- MedIND: Database of fulltext of Indian Medical Jls
- MedKnow provides free access to 134 electronic editions of journals
- Current Science provides online access to full text of articles in .pdf format from 1998.
- Data Quest online access to full text of articles is available from 1998.
- Indian Academy of Sciences Journals provides free online full text access to its journals. Back issues are available from 1999 onwards.
- PC-Quest online access to full text of articles is available from 1999.
- Sankhya: Series A and B online access to full text of papers is available
from 2000 for both the series. The articles are available in .pdf format.
- Economic and Political Weekly provides free online access to full text of articles published in current and few preceding years volumes.
- Labour File gives online access to full text of articles of few issues.
- Little Magazine provides online access to full text of articles
from May 2000. Even though articles covered on internet edition are less compared to print edition, but it is worth.
- Reserve Bank of India Bulletin provides online access to full text of articles and statistics published in its bulletin from 1997.
- Reserve Bank of India Occasional Papers provides online access full text of articles in both .pdf and MS-Word .doc format from 1998.
- Seminar provides online acces to full text of articles with effect from 2000.
- Social Scientist provides online access to full text of articles with effect from 1972. Articles are in the form of images.
- New Journal of Physics provides FREE online access to full text
of articles w.e.f from V.1, 1998 to present.