There are innumerable text archives are available on the internet. These could be research papers, working papers, journal articles etc. Please use the following links to get access to these archives.
Repositories Search Tools
- Connecting Repositories [CORE] aims to facilitate the access and navigation across relevant scientific papers stored in UK Open Access repositories.
- Oaister facilitates access and navigation across relevant digital content stored in Open Access repositories.
- Alex catalogue of Electronic text is a collection of public domain documents from American and English literature as well as Western philosophy. Documents can be downloaded in .pdf and other fromats.
- Avalon Project at the Yale Law School contains documents in Law, History and Diplomacy.
- Bibliomania has more than 2000 free texts, study guides and reference
resources. Most of them are taken from public domain and users are free to download one copy of any e-text for personal use.
- Caltech Library System Papers and Publications contains full text papers related to library systems and technology.
- Chapter One allows you to read first chapter of books reviewed by the Washington Post.
- Clinical Medicine Netprints is a repository of non-peer reviewed original research.
- CogPrints is an electronic archive for papers in any area of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Linguistics, and many areas of Computer Science, Philosophy, Biology, Medicine, Anthropology, as well as any other portions of the physical, social and mathematical sciences that are pertinent to the study of cognition. One time registration is required to gain access.
- Computer Science, Chemistry and Mathematics Preprint Archive is the permanent web archive and rapid distribution medium for research articles in the field of computer science, chemistry and Mathematics. Registration is required to access the contents.
- Core Historical Literature of Agriculture [CHLA] is a core electronic collection of agricultural texts published between the early nineteenth century and the middle to late twentieth century. Full-text materials cover agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, animal science, crops and their protection, food science,forestry, human nutrition, rural sociology, and soil science.
- Digital Library of Information Science and Technology [DLIST] is a repository of electronic resources in the domains of Library and Information Science (LIS) and Information Technology (IT). Here you can deposit your papers related to the above fields.
- EconWPA service has been provided by the Economics Department of Washington University. It is devoted to the free distribution of working papers in Economics. Links can also be found on it to the other electronic archives in Economics.
- Electronic Text Center at Uni of Verginia its holdings include approximately 51,000 on- and off-line humanities texts in twelve languages, with more than 350,000 related images.
- Electronic Texts in Philosophy provides a database of over 900 links to electronic texts by famous philosophers throughout history. Texts are searchable by three ways: title keyword,
philosopher, topic category.
- e-Print archive holds classic collection of e-papers in Physics, Mathematics, Nuclear Sciences and Computer Sciences. This archive is based upon activities supported by the U.S. National Science Foundation.
- E-Prints for Library and Information Science [E-LIS] is an electronic open access archive for scientific or technical documents, published or unpublished, in Librarianship, Information Science and
Technology, and related application activities. E-LIS is an archive to deposit preprints, postprints and other LIS publications, it is a service for finding and downloading documents in electronic format, offered as a free service to the international LIS community.
- Escholarship Repository is a repository of papers established by University of California under its digital library program. Provides access to full text papers/articles deposited by faculty and research students of University of California and its units.
- Findarticles.com is a vast archive of published articles that you can search for free. Constantly updated, it contains articles dating back to 1998 from more than 300 magazines and journals. Articles in FindArticles can be read in its entirety and printed at no cost.
- High Energy Physics E-texts contains more than 450,000 high-energy physics related articles, including journal papers, preprints, e-prints, technical reports, conference papers and theses,
comprehensively indexed by the SLAC and DESY libraries since 1974.
- Internet archives is a home to electronic texts, music, images etc.
- Magportal.com indexes and provides free of cost access to full text of articles selected from good number of free magazines available on the net on different subject areas. The coverage of most of the magazines starts from 1999 or 2000. It sends a newsletter of hot articles to subscribed members and also there is a provision to create your accounts as per your subject interest.
- Mathematics Archives holds materials which are used in the teaching of mathematics. Currently the Archives is particularly strong in its collection of educational software. Other areas, ranging from laboratory notebooks and problem sets to lecture notes and reports on innovative methods, are growing.
- Mathematics Preprint server is the permanent
web archive and rapid distribution medium for research articles in the field of mathematics. At present it holds 814 articles in its database.
- OpenMED Archive is an open access archive for Medical and Allied Sciences. Here authors / owners can self-archive their scientific and technical documents. OpenMED is a discipline based International Archive. It accepts both published and unpublished documents having relevance to research in Medical and Allied Sciences including Bio-Medical, Medical Informatics, Dental, Nursing and Pharmaceutical Sciences. It has been developed by Bibliographic Informatics Division, National Informatics Centre, New Delhi, India.
- PhilSci Archive is an electronic archive for preprints in the philosophy of science. At present, the PhilSci Archive contains 495 documents.
- Political Research Online [PROL] is a pre-print server that serves as the common resource for all emerging scholarship in political science. Provides free full text access to preprints in political science.
- Urban Planning, 1794-1918: An anthology of articles, papers and reports provides access to over 185 full text articles/papers related to the study of how urban planning developed up to the end of World War I.
- William Shakespeare's Complete Works provides access to full text of all his works.