Suppliers / Donations
Following are the different library materials suppliers from India and abroad. Please go through the links for further details.
Backvolumes of Journals
Barcode Products/RFID Technology
Donations of Books/Journals
Automation/Digital Libary Services
Books Distibutors / Suppliers:
- Allied Publishers
- Computer Book Shop, Mumbai [Only Computers related books]
Book Agency, New Delhi
Sita Books, Mumbai [ISEAS Publications]
Publications of Government / International Organizations:
- Anand Associates, Mumbai [IMF and World Bank Publications]
- Bookwell, 24/4800, Bharat Ram Road, Ansari Road, Daryaganj, NEW DELHI-110 002
Phone: ++91-11-23268786; 23281315 ; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jain Book Agency, New Delhi
- Jaina Book Agency [India], 649A, Girgaum Road, Near Metro Cinema, Opposite 2nd Dhobi Talao Lane, MUMBAI-400 002
Phone: ++91-22-22018485; 22012143
- A and A Periodical Subscription Agency (P) Ltd, 25-B/2, New Rohtak Road (Near Liberty Cinema), NEW DELHI-5
Phone: ++91-11-25781565 ; 25781566 ; Fax: ++91-11-25781561 ; E-mail: email@example.com
- Allied Publishers
- Central News Agency, New Delhi
- Creative Books and Periodicals, Halima Building, 7, Nanabhai Lane, MUMBAI-400 001
Phone: ++91-22-22043342; 22047895 ; Fax: ++91-22-22833328 ; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Globe Publications, New Delhi
- International Book House, Indian Mercantile Mansions (Extn), Madame Cama Road, MUMBAI-400 039
Phone: ++91-22-22021795; 22029302 ; E-mail: email@example.com
- Rhino International Agency, 74, Mahavir Centre, Sector 17, Vashi, NAVI MUMBAI-400 705
Phone: ++91-22-27892627 / 27908214 ; Fax: ++91-22-7892568 ; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book Supply Bureau [BSB] specializes in marketing Indian Standards on CD-ROM and International Standards viz AFNOR, API, ASME, ASTM, BSI, DIN, IEC, IEEE, ISO, ITU, JIS, NACE, SAA and SAE.
- Bureau of Indian Standards [BIS] holds all Indian standards in print form.
- Global Engineering Documents, hosts largest collection of technical standards and over 125, 000 documents are available for electronic download.
Backvolumes of Journals:
- International Subscription Agency, Flat # 2, Nirala Market, Nirala Nagar, Lucknow - 226 020, Uttar Pradesh
Phone: 91-522-789506; 789103 ; Fax: 91-522-222061; 219596 ;
- M/s. N.R. Book Syndicate, 129, Deepali Enclave, Pitampura, DELHI-110 034
Phone: (011) 7011652
- M/s. Researchco Periodicals Organisation, 25-B/2, New Rohtak Road, (Near Liberty Cinema), New Delhi-110 005.
Phone no.'s: (011) 578 1565 / 578 1566 ; FAX: (011) 578 1561 ; E-mail:email@example.com
- Absolute Backorder Service provides online inventory of back volumes collection available with them and also one can put titles not found on their database in Want list. Promise to deliver all volumes of most of the titles.
- Books Cooperative site aims to bring together people looking for books and journals with those looking to dispose of them. Useful for University, Public and Commercial libraries who wish to dispose of their unwanted items. Listing is free of charge, anyone wishing to obtain a book or journal listed will pay a small nominal fee to obtain the contact details - and they take it from there.
- Schmidt Periodicals GmbH: Periodicals Service Company
is specialist in the purchase and supply of reprints, backsets, back volumes and back issues of out-of-print periodicals and journals to libraries throughout the world.
- United States Books Exchange supplies periodical issues at the minimum charge of US$7 per issue plus shipping. This facility is available through membership.
- M/s. Bir Furniture, Bir Metal Systems, A-276, 6th Main, Peenya Industrial Area 2nd stage, Bangalore-560 058
Phone: (080) 28361433 ; 28360077 ; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
- M/s. Mehra and Company, 2120, Bahadurgarh Road (Opposite Deputy Ganj), DELHI-110 006
- OfficeTech, Bangalore [Also have branches in Chennai and Hyderabad]
- M/s. PIK Engineers Pvt. Ltd (Branches in: New Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai), 'Srinivas Nirmitee', 40B/1-A, Bhau Patil Road, Bopodi, PUNE-411 003
Phone: 020-25816023; 9960700219 ; Fax: (020) 2581 3350 ; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Shree Gurukrupa Engineering, Mumbai
- M/s. Standard Library Service, 4/9, Aasf Ali Road, NEW DELHI-110 002
Phone no.'s: (011) 3276334, 3260267 ; FAX: (011) 3276334
- Don Gresswell Ltd., England
- International Library Furniture Co., Inc
- Lbrary Bureau
- Library Interiors Group
- Midwest Lbrary Systems
- Worden: Manufacturers of Lbrary Furniture
- Document Delivery Service [DDS] offers document delivery service of full text articles published all over the world. Site provides ordering information, turn around time, payment options, etc.
- Informatics India Pvt. Ltd undertakes various infromation services such as supply of journal articles, NTIS reports, etc. They also supply various CD-ROM products and library management software SLIM+.
- QMed Services Pvt. Ltd specializes in document delivery and procurement of bulk reprints in very quick timeframes. Full text articles are procured from International sources and are copyright cleared.
- British Library Direct in this site, you may search and order from a database of over 9 million articles directly.
- British Library of Development Studies [BLDS]
supplies photocopies of journal articles and parts of books in economics and related areas, subject to UK copyright law, to individuals and organisations for the purposes of research and private study on chargeable basis. The delivery can be had over e-mail, fax and post.
- Haworth Document Delivery Service
offers search and order of any available articles from its master library at US $ 12.00 per article.
- Subito Document Delivery Serviceis the document delivery service of international libraries. It is a quick and easy-to-use cooperative delivery service, which supplies the user directly with copies of articles from serials or part of books, and can make books available to him on a loan basis.
Barcode Products/RFID Technology:
- Beegees Computers Pvt Ltd, Mumbai
- Global Information Systems Technology Pvt Ltd, Gurgaon
- Informatics (India) Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
- QMedLINKS has a powerful PubMed tutorial and over 500 readymade PubMed (MEDLINE) links that retrieve focused articles on various aspects of diseases and related topics. The CD is useful
for learning to use PubMed as well as for instant retrieval of abstracts and free full texts on a variety of topics.
- TIPS Software, Mumbai supplies only their CD-ROM products on India's Trade Statistics based on DGCIS publications.
- Biosis.org, USA
- Bowker.com, USA
- Dialog Corporation, USA
- Ovid Technologies, USA [includes Silver Platter Products]
- J-Gate is the e-journal portal for accessing and finding information in 8,000+ scholarly, research and professional journals. It is a priced service from Informatics India.
- EBSCO Information Services provides fully integrated serials access and delivery solutions through subscription management, reference database development and production, and online multi-database access.
- Ingentaconnect.com offers easy access to e-journals, MEDLINE linked to many full text articles. It provides free access to more than 2500 journals of over 35 publishers. The free access will be given at the discreation of publishers.
- OCLC First Search is an electronic journals service offers Web access to a growing collection of more than 2,500 titles, an archiving solution, cross-journal searching
- Project Muse provides online worldwide institutional subscription
access to more than 200 scholary journals in arts and humanities, social sciences and mathematics. Subscriptions can be made for full database or subjectwise/publisherwise databases or even individual titlewise. Consortia subscription is also available for group of institutions/organizations.
- ProQuest is Bell and Howell Information and Learning's
online information service. Here one can access from their desktop summaries of articles from over 8,000 publications, with many in full text, full image format. Proquest databases are also available on CD-ROM.
- ScienceDirect is web information source of scientific, technical
and medical research that offers access to more than 1100 journals across 16 fields of science, including the social sciences.
Donation / Gift of Books / Journals:
Few organizations/associations donate or gift old/used books and back/current issues of journals to institutions/libraries of developing countries. Following are few such sources, which you may please go through for further details.
- American Mathematical Society [AMS] Book and Journal Donation Program donates books and journals to currency-poor or developing countries where there is a need for mathematical research literature. Potential recipients from eligible countries (see the list given on site) can browse the list of available items and apply to the AMS for the materials.
- American Society of International Law Journal Donations promote the study of international law in countries with limited resources and weak currencies, the ASIL annually provides dozens of
reduced-rate and free subscriptions of the American Journal of International Law and International Legal materials.
- Book Aid International works in 18 countries in sub-Saharan Africa and Palestine, providing over half a million books and journals each year to libraries, hospitals, refugee camps and schools.
- Education Aid programme consists of free provision
of books/journals to schools, universities and other institutions in developing countries for use as study and reference material.
- Scottish Books Exchange is committed to assisting libraries to offer their unwanted books to other libraries. It also aims to promote inter-library co-operation through a collaborative effort and partnership between all library and information services in all sectors.
Few organizations offer digitization services for libraries. Following are few such sources, which you may please go through for further details.
- GA Content Solutions, Pune undertakes digitization and conversion of documents from one e-format to
- General Data, Mumbai undertakes document scanning and digitization works.
- Informatics India, Bangalore undertakes digitization, OCR and data conversion works.
- Thrinaina, Secundrabad undertakes digital archiving and supply digitizing equipments.
Few organizations offer library automation services for libraries using open source software such as Koha. Following are few such sources, which you may please go through for further details.
- Informatics India, Bangalore undertakes library automation works using open source software Koha.